Recent Posts

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Bra Fitter Training

When the Napanee shop opened in January, we
  specialized in mix and match swimwear 
because this is what fits women best. It just made sense. So does specialty size swimwear. With the average bra size now a 36D, a lot of ladies are left looking for more support.

But I must admit, that being an A cup myself, I sometimes struggled to help my ladies find a better fitting swimsuit, I felt that I didn't understand enough. You also shared with me your frustrations in finding well priced, good quality, supportive bras. This planted the germ of an idea ... perhaps I could help my ladies better, everyday, by opening a Bra Dept.


I knew Bra Fitter Training was a necessity, it would help me better fit our swimsuits. I also had very high expectations of the training, as the possibility of the Bra Dept. depended on what I learned.

I spent the next months talking to you, talking to my fabulous swimsuit reps. (because many of them also carry lingerie lines), talking to lingerie boutique owners, and talking to professional bra fitters ... it was a lot of talking.

I quickly learned the best bra fitting trainer in Ontario was 
in Toronto. Her experience and training abilities are very highly regarded in the lingerie industry. After a couple of telephone and e-mail interviews, I was thrilled to be accepted, and the training was scheduled.

Training was much more complex than I could have imagined, and I know why I felt inadequate last winter! Both the theory and practical experience was intense, but Shana kept me focused and we had a lot of laughs. There will be a lot of little details in future posts, but suffice it to say ... I passed !  I am now a
  
 Professional Bra Fitter.

All the better to serve you, everyday, for swimsuits and bras.
(p.s. I turned out to be a 34B not 36A)

0 comments:

Post a Comment